Did you know? According to ActualTech Media, over 50% of IT professionals plan to deploy hyperconvergence in the next 24 to 36 months. So, why is hyperconverged infrastructure IT's hottest trend? The benefits of hyperconverged are obvious:
- Improved scalability
- Improved operational efficiency
- Accelerated deployment time
- Reduced time and resources required for day-to-day tasks
- Reduced costs
- Improved backup/recovery and/or disaster recovery
- Increased agility for VM provisioning
- Improved service and support
- Improved focus of staff on more critical tasks
- Reduced training requirements
Even with the obvious benefits, according to ActualTech Media’s research, there are key implications to consider when making the move to a hyperconverged solution:
- Continually weigh the potential benefits of hyperconverged infrastructure, especially as part of your data center upgrade cycles.
- Consider IT needs holistically, instead of reviewing data center services and resources individually— especially since hyperconverged infrastructure has the potential to address a number of identified IT priorities.
- Take a total cost of ownership (TCO) approach to reviewing hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, since hyperconverged infrastructure may be more cost effective when productivity savings and operational improvements are factored in.
- Find a focused entry point or use case or hyperconverged infrastructure to initiate adoption in lieu of a rip-and-replace-approach to data center modernization.
At OneNeck, we understand that while adoption rates of hyperconverged are skyrocketing – and for good reason – there is also great opportunity for education and guidance. The hyperconverged marketplace continues to grow and new players are arriving at a rapid rate, adding to the confusion. As your partner in all things hybrid IT, WE ARE HERE TO HELP. Let us help you navigate the options and ensure you get the most of your hyperconverged investment.
Get the Report…
Get the report “Industry Trends: 2015 State of Hyperconverged Infrastructure eBook” based on the data from ActualTech Media's 2015 Market Report, and learn:
- What exactly hyperconverged infrastructure is
- How hyperconverged infrastructure addresses top IT priorities
- The expected versus realized benefits of hyperconvergence
- Top hyperconverged infrastructure purchase criteria
- Drivers for interest in hyperconvergence
If you don’t have time to read the whole eBook, here’s an infographic that summarizes the facts.